Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bedroom in progress

I've recently been trying to figure out what to do with our master bedroom. It always seems to be the last room in the house that gets any attention. I guess it's because I can close the door and hide it from anyone seeing. But, it's time for a change.
We originally wanted to do a beach theme. I already have a bunch of decorations that are teal so we went with that. We picked out a few things like a quilt for the bed which has different shells patterns sewn on it. Derek also picked out a few things to put in the bathroom. It ended up having more of a boat feel but that's ok.
I found this great net with sea shells sewn in it that I decided to hang over our bed.
I also had this idea in my head of hanging an ore on top of the net.
I looked all online to find an old ore but you'd be surprised how much people ask for that!
So, I decided to go looking through one of my grandpa's old storage shed and.....there it was!!
It was waaaay in the back of this shed that was FULL of old fishing poles. I was so excited!
Once I got home, I cleaned it up and painted a line from one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs on it :)
"You are the best thing that's ever been mine" It's a very true statement.
So, this is what it looked like.....

It's hard to see right? The (horrible) color of the wall washed everything out. So, I decided to paint the wall white. It was the only wall in the room that was painted and I was so over it.
During this time I also fell in love with the "white shabby chic" look so white walls worked with that.
Btw, the heart you see hanging on the wall that says Derek & Alysha, Derek made that for me a few years ago for Christmas :)

This is just what it looks like with the bed and our quilt we picked out.

My dad had this great bedroom set from when he was growing up and guess what....the headboard looks like the wheel from a big boat! I'm not exactly sure what they're called.

This is what it currently looks like. I'm not sure this is how it's going to stay because my taste is constantly changing. But for now we are enjoying our beachy bedroom. The pillow you see with the red stripes I made :) It's one of my first pillows that I sewed on my new sewing machine.

I'll keep you updated on the completion of the room. I should be getting a dresser soon and I already have an idea of what I'm going to do with it. Also, I have painted my nightstands but they were a little too messy to take a picture of :/ I'll post them later.
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
                                                                      With Love
                                                                         Alysha
   

2 comments:

  1. Wagon wheel ;) That's what it's called... and I loved that bedroom set. Did you get the dresser too? With the clangy handles on the drawers? Yeah, I used to annoy your dad when I was a kid, I would go into his room, JUST TO clang those handles... I loved them :) I told him that story when he was moving my dresser/bureau into my new place... the reason I bought that was because it reminded me of his. LOL... he's like "Really?" Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol that's funny. No im not using the dresser from the set. Im using another one because im going to paint it and I didn't want to paint dads. But I love the head board!

    ReplyDelete