Friday, November 11, 2011

Burlap Lamp

I made a last minute decision last night to redecorate my lamp from my nightstand.
Remember the oysters we had? My dad brought them home in this awesome burlap potato sack.
This is what it looks like. It's a little disfigured, but I forgot to take the picture until after I cut a chunk out of it. Oops.

                 I decided not to use the words on the front and instead used a plain piece from the back.

                                                     This is the before picture of the lamp.
                                                     Not too bad but it needed a little help





I decided to spray paint the base of the lamp with a metalic color I had on hand. I don't even know where this paint came from but it's amazing. Covers everything perfect. Then I glazed it with a black glaze I got from Lowes.


                             I did a thin layer of the glaze and then wiped it off with a paper towel.

After taking off the beads, I cut a piece of burlap that fit perfectly around the bottom of the shade and a little taller than the top of lamp shade.

 First, I hot glued the bottom part of the shade to the burlap. I took a piece of string and tied the top. once I got it in place, I glued a few spots to help hold it up. I folded the top layer over to give it a smoother look.
So this is basically it. I'm not completely happy with it yet so I'm sure I will tweak it a little and maybe add something but you get the general idea.




It goes with the Shabby Chic look I'm working on for our bedroom.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Veterans Day!

With Love
Alysha

No comments:

Post a Comment